International Student Admission Guidelines

Admission Guidelines for International Students

Application Requirements

Applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
1.   Have foreign citizenship, and have completed more than 12 years of full-time schooling (equivalent to a high school graduate in Japan).
2.   Have sufficient Japanese language ability to follow classes. (Around Level N2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test run by Japan Educational Exchanges and Services).
3.   Have a visa/residence status of “college student” as set forth in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act and be able to renew their visa/residency after entering the Osaka College of Music, or be able to acquire residency after entering the college.

For applicants that meet the first 2 requirements and have a visa/residence status of “spouse of Japanese national”, “permanent resident” or other specified visa, it is possible to take the examination for exchange students in place of the entrance examination. However, after entering the college, these applicants will not be treated as exchange students. For further information please contact the admissions center.

As we need to confirm your eligibility for enrollment, please submit the required documents (A-H) to the admissions center by the following dates:

 ·    First collection deadline: September 16th 2016, Friday
 ·    Second collection deadline: November 16th 2016, Wednesday
The required documents are as follows (Documents must be written in Japanese):

 A. Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) with ID photo attached. (Please note the ID photo must be an upper-body frontal shot no more than 3 months old, without hats and shot on a plain background. 4×3cm, color or b&w).
 B. Original graduation certificate (diploma) from your last schooling. (with attached Japanese translation)
 C. Original transcripts from your last schooling. (with attached Japanese translation)
 D. Certificate (ID) of guarantor capable of attesting to your residence in Japan (no prescribed format)
 E. A document certifying your ability to pay tuition. (i.e. income statements for the past 3 years, certificate of tax payment, etc.) 
 F. A document in Japanese displaying your desired major and the purpose of your overseas studies.
 G. A copy of your passport. (the pages showing your photo ID, visa/residence status and period of stay)
 H. [Only for domestic residents]: A copy of your residence certificate (must be issued within the last 3 months)

Examination subjects

  • ・Practical skill assessment
  • ・Japanese essay
  • ・Japanese speaking (interview)